Saturday, April 2, 2011

Football Tournament

Last week, there was this football tournament being held at our university. I joined it although at first I was somewhat doubtful whether to join it or not because of my knee injury. Someone tackled me and it was my knee that was being tackled! My knee's condition is getting better and improving but it was my spirit, slightly shaken after the incident. Truth to be told, I'm feeling a little bit traumatized.

After having a long thought, I decided to join it.

Surprisingly, our  team made it! I mean, made it to the final round. Me and my other teammates never really expected to reach that far. Why? Because in our team, there was only 3 people who really plays football. The rest, they never even play football in their entire life. Not everyone are interested in football anyway. I told them them "Never mind. We'll make it to the final". There were we! As a team who is on the final stage!

As we're getting excited and nervous about the upcoming game, a problem occured. There were objections from the other teams regarding our winnings and the final spot. One of our player is an EX-student. He already graduated from our university. Unfortunately, the rules stated that all of the team player must be the (current) student of the university. So automatically, we've been ELIMINATED from the game. Our final spot was withdrawn and given to the other team that we faced during the semi-final.

It was frustrating but I guess no chance of being the champion this time. Still, it was a great game especially since most of our team mates never play football. Thanks to them for their supports by joining us playing with all their efforts and everything that got us through until the semi-final. Thank you guys!

I hope we can be the next champion for the next tournament!

2 comments: